To make fruit candy, you don’t need a lot of fancy equipment or ingredients. In fact, you can make delicious candy with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. In this article, we’ll show you how to make fruit candy that’s bursting with flavor and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
The first step in making fruit candy is to choose your fruit. You can use fresh or frozen fruit, but keep in mind that the flavor will be more intense if you use fresh. Some good options include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and mangoes. Once you’ve chosen your fruit, you’ll need to puree it in a blender or food processor until it’s smooth. You can strain the puree if you want a smoother texture, but it’s not necessary.
Next, you’ll need to cook the puree with sugar and corn syrup until it reaches the right temperature. This can be a bit tricky, but with a candy thermometer and some patience, you’ll get the hang of it. Once the mixture has reached the right temperature, you’ll pour it into a greased pan and let it cool. After it has cooled, you can cut it into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!
How to Make Fruit Candy?
Making fruit candy at home is a fun and easy process that can be enjoyed by anyone. Whether you are looking to make candy with fresh fruit or want to use dried fruit, the process is essentially the same. Here are the steps to make fruit candy:
- Choose your fruit: Start by selecting your fruit of choice. It’s important to choose fruit that is ripe and has a strong flavor. Some popular choices include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and mangoes.
- Prepare your fruit: Wash and dry your fruit thoroughly. If you are using fresh fruit, remove any stems or pits. If you are using dried fruit, make sure it is not too dry or hard.
- Create a sugar syrup: In a saucepan, combine water and sugar in a 2:1 ratio. For example, if you are using 2 cups of water, use 1 cup of sugar. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add your fruit: Once the sugar has dissolved, add your fruit to the syrup. Make sure the fruit is fully submerged in the syrup.
- Cook the fruit: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the fruit simmer in the syrup for 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the fruit from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the fruit: Use a slotted spoon to remove the fruit from the syrup and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- Dry the fruit: Once the fruit has cooled, place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let the fruit dry for 24-48 hours, turning it occasionally to ensure even drying.
- Store the fruit candy: Once the fruit candy is completely dry, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Making fruit candy is a great way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite fruits in a fun and unique way. With just a few simple steps, you can create delicious and healthy snacks that are perfect for any occasion.
How to Make Candy Covered Fruit
If you’re looking for a fun and tasty way to enjoy your favorite fruits, candy covered fruit is a great option. There are a variety of ways to make candy covered fruit, and we’ll cover some of the most popular methods below.
Using Jolly Ranchers
One popular method for making candy covered fruit is to use Jolly Ranchers. Simply unwrap the candies and place them in a plastic bag. Crush the candies into small pieces using a rolling pin or other heavy object. Dip your fruit in melted chocolate, then roll it in the crushed Jolly Ranchers. Allow the candy to harden before serving.
Making Sugar Candy Fruit
To make sugar candy fruit, you’ll need a candy thermometer and a few other tools. Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat until the mixture reaches the hard crack stage. Dip your fruit in the hot sugar mixture, then allow it to cool and harden.
Creating Hard Candy Fruit
Similar to sugar candy fruit, hard candy fruit requires a candy thermometer and careful attention to the cooking process. Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat until the mixture reaches the hard crack stage. Add in fruit juice or puree for flavor and color, then pour the mixture onto a greased surface to cool and harden.
Using Fruit and Pectin
For a healthier option, you can make candy covered fruit using fruit and pectin. Combine fruit puree, pectin, and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the mixture thickens. Pour the mixture onto a greased surface and allow it to cool and harden.
Making Gummy Candy with Fruit Juice
To make gummy candy with fruit juice, you’ll need gelatin, fruit juice, and sugar. Heat the ingredients in a saucepan until the mixture thickens, then pour it into a greased dish. Allow the candy to cool and harden before cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
Creating Hard Candy with Fruit Juice
Similar to making hard candy with sugar, you can also make hard candy with fruit juice. Combine fruit juice, sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat until the mixture reaches the hard crack stage. Pour the mixture onto a greased surface and allow it to cool and harden.
No matter which method you choose, candy covered fruit is a delicious and fun treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
How to Make Candy Fruit Slices?
If you’re looking for a sweet and fruity treat, making your own candy fruit slices is a great option. Here’s how to do it:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup gelatin powder
- Food coloring
- Flavor extract
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add gelatin powder and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring and flavor extract. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased shallow pan and let it set for a few hours.
- Once set, remove the candy from the pan and cut into slices.
That’s it! You now have delicious candy fruit slices that you can enjoy. Experiment with different flavors and colors to find your favorites.
How to Make Hard Fruit Candy
Making hard fruit candy is a fun and delicious way to enjoy your favorite fruits. Here are the steps to make hard fruit candy:
- Choose your fruit: You can use any fruit to make hard candy, but some of the best options are apples, pears, and strawberries. Make sure your fruit is ripe and fresh for the best flavor.
- Prepare your fruit: Wash and dry your fruit thoroughly. Cut the fruit into small pieces or thin slices. You can also puree the fruit in a blender or food processor.
- Make the candy syrup: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook the candy syrup: Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and let the syrup come to a boil. Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature and wait until it reaches 300°F (hard crack stage).
- Add the fruit: Once the syrup reaches the hard crack stage, remove it from the heat and stir in your prepared fruit.
- Pour and cool: Pour the mixture onto a greased baking sheet or silicone mat. Let the candy cool completely before breaking it into small pieces.
Tips for Success:
- Use a candy thermometer to ensure the syrup reaches the hard crack stage.
- Be patient and don’t stir the syrup once it starts boiling.
- Grease your baking sheet or silicone mat to prevent the candy from sticking.
- Store your hard fruit candy in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Making hard fruit candy may seem intimidating, but with these simple steps, you’ll be able to create delicious and impressive treats in no time.
How to Make Glass Candy Fruit
If you’re looking for a fun and colorful treat, glass candy fruit is a great option. This candy is not only tasty, but also visually appealing, making it a great addition to any party or gathering. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring (red, green, yellow, and orange)
- Flavoring extract (optional)
- Fruit-shaped molds
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Do not stir once the mixture begins to boil.
- Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature. Once it reaches 300°F (hard crack stage), remove from heat.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and flavoring extract (if desired) to the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the fruit-shaped molds. Allow the candy to cool and harden completely before removing from molds.
- Once the candy is removed from the molds, it’s ready to enjoy!
- Use caution when handling hot sugar mixture.
- You can use any flavor extract you like. Some popular options include cherry, orange, and lemon.
- If you want a crunchy texture, add 1/4 tsp of citric acid to the mixture before boiling. This will create a fizzy, popping effect in your mouth.
How to Make Candy Fruit with Jolly Ranchers
If you’re looking to make some delicious candy fruit, Jolly Ranchers are a great option. Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap your Jolly Ranchers and place them on the baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the Jolly Ranchers have melted and spread out.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out fruit shapes from the melted Jolly Ranchers.
- Let the candy fruit cool and harden completely before removing them from the parchment paper.
If you want to add some extra flavor or color to your candy fruit, you can try adding some fruit juice or food coloring to the Jolly Ranchers before melting them.
Note that this method will result in hard candy fruit. If you want to make soft fruit jelly candy at home, you can try making it with Jello. Simply follow the instructions on the Jello package, but use fruit juice instead of water. Pour the mixture into a candy mold and let it cool and harden before removing the candy.
Overall, making candy fruit is a fun and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Give it a try and enjoy!
How to Make Sugar Candy Fruit
Making sugar candy fruit is a fun and easy way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite fruits in a sweet and delicious treat. Here are the steps to make your own sugar candy fruit:
- Choose your fruit: Start by selecting fresh fruit that is ripe and in season. Some great options include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and oranges.
- Prepare the fruit: Wash and dry the fruit thoroughly. Remove any stems, seeds, or pits as needed. Cut the fruit into small pieces or thin slices, depending on your preference.
- Make the sugar syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Cook the fruit: Add the fruit to the sugar syrup and stir gently to coat. Cook the fruit over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until it is soft and starts to break down.
- Coat the fruit in sugar: Using a slotted spoon, remove the fruit from the sugar syrup and place it on a wire rack to cool. Let the fruit dry for a few minutes, then roll each piece in granulated sugar until it is completely coated.
- Dry the fruit: Place the sugar-coated fruit back on the wire rack and let it dry completely, which usually takes 2-3 hours. Once the fruit is dry, it is ready to eat!
Making sugar candy fruit is a fun and creative way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite fruits. With just a few simple steps, you can create a delicious and sweet treat that everyone will love.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process for making Tanghulu?
Tanghulu is a popular Chinese snack made by dipping skewered fruit into a sugar syrup. To make Tanghulu, you will need to skewer your fruit, dip it into a sugar syrup, and let it cool until the syrup hardens. Repeat this process until the fruit is fully coated in sugar.
How can I make candied fruit using Jolly Ranchers?
To make candied fruit using Jolly Ranchers, you will need to melt the Jolly Ranchers in a saucepan over low heat. Once melted, dip your fruit into the Jolly Rancher mixture until it is fully coated. Let the fruit cool and harden before serving.
What fruits are typically used for making candy?
Most fruits can be used for making candy, but some popular choices include apples, strawberries, and candy grapes. Harder fruits like apples and pears work best for making hard candy, while softer fruits like strawberries are better for making chewy candy.
Can candied fruit go bad?
Yes, candied fruit can go bad if it is not stored properly. Store your candied fruit in an airtight container in a cool, dry place to prevent it from spoiling.
Are candied fruits a healthy snack option?
Candied fruits are high in sugar and calories, so they should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. However, they do contain some vitamins and minerals, making them a better snack option than traditional candy.
How is candied fruit typically made?
Candied fruit is typically made by boiling fruit in a sugar syrup until the fruit is fully coated in sugar. The fruit is then left to cool and harden before serving. Some variations of candied fruit involve dipping the fruit in melted candy or chocolate.